Are you thinking about updating a few bits and pieces of your nonprofit’s copy this summer? Planning to get a head start on some larger copywriting projects? Or will you be assigning some of this work to someone else?
To make your summer writing assignments a little easier, I’ve pulled together a quick roundup of my past posts, designed to help you with specific writing tasks.
The most recent post in this list (case studies) was published just over a month ago. And the oldest? I originally published the post on speechwriting in 2008 in the “Articles” section of my first website – which didn’t even have a blog. But the advice still stands!
I hope you find these useful.
Here are my posts to help with 12 different nonprofit copywriting projects
Need to update your About page?
1. How to write a nonprofit About page: 7-step copywriting formula
Writing executive or team bios?
2. How to write a bio for your nonprofit’s About section
Pulling together your organization’s messaging guidelines?
3. How to quickly draft basic messaging guidelines for your nonprofit
Want to write more effective promotional posters?
4. How to write a promotional poster for your nonprofit
Need home page help?
5. 12 tips for writing a nonprofit website home page
Creating sponsorship kits?
6. Sponsorship sell sheet: done-for-you outline
Drafting volunteer or donate pages?
7. The secret to writing a better volunteer or donate page
Want to improve your media release boilerplate?
8. What’s on your [media release boiler]plate?
Writing profiles of volunteers or donors?
9. Donor and volunteer profiles: the writing process
Preparing executive speeches?
10. Ten Essential Steps for Successful Speech Writing
Trying to shape case studies?
11. Case study interview questions for nonprofit organizations
And finally, are you starting to work on your next annual report? Thanks to Julia Reich of Stone Soup Creative, the following is more than a blog post: it’s a step-by-step guide. And goes far beyond the writing process. If you don’t already have a copy, you can sign up for our…
What else do you need help writing? Let me know, and maybe I can address it in a future blog post!